[fpc-pascal]Win32 Question

Tim Gustafson freepascal at falconsoft.net
Thu Dec 19 00:25:07 CET 2002

Hello

I am starting a project called "Tsuris" and I want to make it as portable as
possible.  To accomplish this, I have created an abstract TBaseSystem type
that handles all the routine stuff that stays the same from platform to
platform, and then I've begun implementing a TSystem class that overrides the
TBaseSystem and adds whatever functionality that is platform-specific.  For
the purposes of this example, I have created a TSystem class that works in a
Win32 environment.  I copied a lot of the code in the WinHello.pp demo that
was distributed with the compiler.  Everything seems to work fine except for
the redrawing of the window.  For some reason, it seems that the application
is never receiving the WM_PAINT message, and therefore the screen is never
being repainted.  I would really appreciate a second set of eyes looking at
the code (it's pretty straightforward at this point) and telling me what I'm
missing.  I've uploaded the source code to:

http://timmerca.com/tsuris/

for anyone who would be so kind as to give it a look.

Thank you very much in advance!

Tim