[fpc-pascal].NET opinions?

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Tue Aug 27 19:32:38 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > The "multi platform" possibilities of .NET still exist only on paper.
> > There are some GPL projects in the works, but one still has to wait if they
> > provide enough compability.
>
> Well, I think you're right. For a realy wide range of platforms a java
> backend would be the best choice ;-)

A FPC compiler that generates java bytecodes would be great. I played a litthe
with Jython (a Python interpreter/compiler written itself in Java and that
generates Java bytecodes) and PHP-Java and it's very interesting. Think
about Pascal Servlets, Pascal Server Pages, or Pascal Remote Objects. :-)
But I don't think this would be an easy project.

[]s, Fernando Lozano