[fpc-pascal]Will gtk2forpascal be added to newest version of Free Pascal?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sun Aug 25 23:21:02 CEST 2002

> mili (by way of mili ) wrote:
>
> > You know, there's a wonderful project at sourceforge.net named
> > "gtk2forpascal".
>
> We are fully aware of it. If you look you will see that the main
> developer of 'gtk2 for pascal' is also one of the main developers for
> the Lazarus project.

> So in a word this is being developed with FreePascal and Lazarus in
> mind.  :-)

I played a bit with it, and:

I can compile the libraries with the script, if I replace the

#!/bin/bash

line in the script  with

#!/bin/sh

or

#!/usr/bin/env bash

(which is the POSIX compliant way to call bash I'm told)

---

The scripts to build the demoes have the same problem, though the trick
with pkg-config seems to work.

Moreover, except that the pkg-config also creates

-Wl,--export-dynamic

as parameters, which FPC doesn't like.

And the dynamic linker option should only be used on Linux
(uname -s=linux or so)