[fpc-pascal]How to make a constructor failed?

Ingmar Tulva juss_it at ut.ee
Sat Aug 24 14:31:58 CEST 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Aitor wrote:

}And what is this "fail"? Is it a predefined identifier, similar in
}category to those "exit" and "break"?

Exactly. Borland, our honourable ancestor and inventor of these things,
calls them "procedures", which is confusing, of course.

Fail can only be used inside a constructor. If I remember correctly, it
somehow calls destructor of this object or class. Anyway, it
deallocates the instance and causes the constructor to return Nil.

------

Ingmar

------

"Salamanders can survive up to six hours outside a fire if regularly fed
pepper" (Scamander 1927).