[fpc-pascal].NET opinions?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Aug 20 21:16:32 CEST 2002

> Marco van de Voort wrote:

> >I think a Java backend would lay even worse limitations on the language than
> >.NET.
> >
> Sorry for the offtopic, this reminded me of something, how is the status
> of the possibility to link to C++ object files?
> Never thought about it? Would never consider doing it? Yes, but long
> term? We are already working on it? It works right now?
> I just wanted to know, it might be a more interesting issue to be able
> to link to C++ first.
>
> Along the same lines, I am not very acquainted with QT, but aren't QT
> C++? How is it possible to link FPC code with QT to create KDE-like apps?

About QT specifically something came up. There is a tool to translate the
(IIRC IDL) abstract prototypes to plain C.

This could be adapted to generate (Object or plain) Pascal headers too.

The tool is in Perl though, and all FPC developpers don't like to touch
that, so no core-developper worked on that yet.