[fpc-pascal].NET opinions?

Aitor SantamarĂ­a Merino aitor.sm at wanadoo.es
Tue Aug 20 21:07:51 CEST 2002

Marco van de Voort wrote:

>>Am Die, 2002-08-20 um 16.03 schrieb Marco van de Voort:
>>
>>>I think FPC will sooner support Mac OS than .NET will support Mac OS :-)
>>>

>>>The "multi platform" possibilities of .NET still exist only on paper.
>>>There are some GPL projects in the works, but one still has to wait if they
>>>provide enough compability.
>>>
>>Well, I think you're right. For a realy wide range of platforms a java
>>backend would be the best choice ;-)
>>

>I think a Java backend would lay even worse limitations on the language than
>.NET.

Sorry for the offtopic, this reminded me of something, how is the status
of the possibility to link to C++ object files?
Never thought about it? Would never consider doing it? Yes, but long
term? We are already working on it? It works right now?
I just wanted to know, it might be a more interesting issue to be able
to link to C++ first.

Along the same lines, I am not very acquainted with QT, but aren't QT
C++? How is it possible to link FPC code with QT to create KDE-like apps?

Aitor