[fpc-pascal].NET opinions?

Johann Glaser Johann.Glaser at gmx.at
Tue Aug 20 15:35:43 CEST 2002

Hi!

> In discussions between FPC developers the question if we should build
> a .NET back end for FPC pops up again. Now I want to know
> what our users think? Did you ever consider to use/switch to .NET? Would
> you be interessed in having a .NET back end for FPC?

I personally do not like .NET. That possibly comes because I've read
about it in the German Linux Magazin. .NET has a few very good ideas.
OTOH there are points I really dislike.

IMHO the available capacities for programming and development of FPC
should be used to have the compiler for more processors (ia64, ...) and
to implement things like CORBA, Bonobo, C++ binding, ... There seems to
be efford to get DOM working, which should be enhanced for CORBA, ...

Bye
  Hansi

--
Johann Glaser   <Johann.Glaser at gmx.at>