[fpc-pascal]Source tarball

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Aug 19 11:29:53 CEST 2002

> The source distribution tarball, I got it with the full archive, the one on the
> site(1.0.6), seems a bit broken. If I try to compile the compiler or ide or something(make
> ide etc) it always quits not being able to find an include file
> (for example:
> syslinux.pp(25,2) Fatal: Can't open include file sysunixh.inc
> make[3]: *** [compunit.ppu] Error 1).
> Do I miss something obvious, or do I use the wrong command parameters?
>
> That particular include file is there, just in another directory, copying it to the
> directory it`s looking in doesn`t help too much as then it can`t find another include and
> so on(I bet).

Use OPT='-va' or -vt to see what actually happens (pipe to file, a lot of data)

What probably happens is that files found in the search path trick the
compiler into recompile the RTL.  This fails, because it is done from
the wrong dir, and the include paths aren't set up properly.

With above parameters you can see which files trigger this. Look for phrases
similar too "xxx is newer than yyy, recompiling", and the lines just above
them.