[fpc-pascal]popen problems...

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at lineone.net
Wed Aug 14 16:56:14 CEST 2002

At 04:34 PM 8/14/02 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>You cannot do eof(thefile) on a binary file, because that one will
>attempt to determine the position in the file. This is done using a
>seek, and a seek on a pip is not legal.

Hmm.. thanks for giving me a code sample, but I wonder why it worked
before, like I say, the procedure works in a program, I just cannot
remember which ver.  I assume a quick grep for changes to eof() would tell
me when, and by whom, but I'm not really that interested in when, but why
it was changed.

Thanks again.

Martyn Ranyard
Free Software Advocate