[fpc-pascal]libglade and fpc on win32

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Aug 2 18:53:14 CEST 2002

Hi there,

After playing a little with GTK+ development using fpc on Win32 and
finding a win32 port of Glade I wondered about getting the two
together. As there's no glade code generator for Pascal, libglade
seems to be the only option.

I could get libglade and libxml ports for Win32, and also a glade unit
for fpc. Everything compiles, but when I try to run a program I get a
run-time error complain about missing symbol glade_xml_signal connect
from GLADE.DLL.

Well, the pieces con't work together. I had no success compiling
libglade myself. The binary was for libglade 0.14 but the unit did't
documented which release is the target.

I got the unit from http://site.voila.fr/yvesd/downloads.htm

And libglade, libxml from http://hans.breuer.org/ports/

Anyone else interested on using libglade with Free Pascal? Any kind
coder who could provide us a working glade.dll + fpc unit?

[]s, Fernando Lozano