[fpc-pascal]QT libs

Christophe cespern at free.fr
Wed Apr 17 00:16:40 CEST 2002

Hello

I'm Christophe a french Object Pascal developper.

I'm writing a wrapper for Sablotron named Sablopas. I've just
release the 0.5. The current version compiles with Free Pascal
for Windows, Kylix and Delphi. Sablopas is Open Source.

http://www.tekool.com/sablopas

I'm currently porting to Free Pascal for Linux. I can compile, link
libraries and run the demo but only in a strange way :

1/ I use the -Xt switch and I don't know what it is. I've forgot
where I've found it. It is the only way for linker to link Sablotron
and Expat.

2/ My executable is now 1.2Mb . Under Windows it's 90Kb.

Configuration used :

I've used declarations like : procedure procname;cdecl; external SAB_LIB;

I've declared dlopen and dlclose the same way. I use them to load and unload
Expat in the initialization / finalization sections of the first unit load.

I use the {$LINKLIB} directive for Expat and the c library.

I'm a newbie in loading libraries with FPC under Linux. I haven't found a
libc unit like in the CLX. I can provide the Sablopas 0.6 beta if need.

Thanks.

Christophe