[fpc-pascal]freepascal on windows M.E.

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Wed Oct 17 17:36:22 CEST 2001

On woensdag, oktober 17, 2001, at 02:33 , W41ly at aol.com wrote:

> I'm using windows M.E. and downloaded freepascal w32104full.zip and
> dosw32104full.zip and have unzipped them using winzip and installed
> them on the hard drive but the program doesn't appear in the start menu
> and there isnt a short cut on the desk top,do I need to download
> anything else to run the program?I have also downloaded the free pascal
> editor this appears in the start menu and runs.

This editor uses FPC as the underlying compiler, so you don't have to
start it separately. FPC is a command line program, but it seems you are
not very experienced with the command line, so I would advise against
using it that way. You can either use the editor you downloaded, or try
Bloodshed Dev Pascal (which also uses FPC as internal compiler) from
<http://www.bloodshed.net/devpascal.html>

Jonas