[fpc-pascal]Links in Windows

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Tue Oct 16 05:49:30 CEST 2001

> how can i create Links in Windows?

Easiest way is via M$'s shortcut.exe. IIRC the Jedi JCL has a real routine
for that.

> And more special: how can i create enties in the Windows start-menu?

One can directly create them as shortcuts and dirs under windows/start
menu/programs/ and below.

However I would spend some extra time, and try to create them according to
profiles. (so that you make them in the right directory on NT/2000 and w9x
with profiles)

> I need that to make a setup program.
>
> Is it possible to put icons into fpc programs?

Yes

> What do i need for that?

windres.exe, it is in the manual somewhere IRC. Just grep the HTML files for
ICON or so :)