[fpc-pascal]m68k and PPC development

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Wed Oct 10 16:59:51 CEST 2001

On woensdag, oktober 10, 2001, at 04:53 , Ramon Bosque wrote:

>> They don't have very current information. They do have information
>> about
>> a list you can subscribe to (in which I am as well), but there's not
>> very much traffic on it.
>
> So, is there any progress with the MacOS port of Free Pascal?

Mac OS specific: no. Mac OS related: yes. The m68k code generator has
been updated to the 1.0.5 branch and as sucht he m68k version is
becoming equivalent with the i386 version in 1.0.5 concerning supported
features. In 1.1, the code generator is becoming more and more processor
independent and several routines for PowerPC support have been added in
the last two months.

> Are there any
> plans about when a beta version will be available?

No.

> Will the version from the
> people in Pascal Central be merged with the main branch of the compiler?

They don't have any version. They seem to simply wait for me to finish
it :(

Jonas