[fpc-pascal]Temporary file names under GO32

Aitor Santamaria Merino aitor.sm at wanadoo.es
Mon Nov 26 00:11:14 CET 2001

Ok, as I started the thread, here we go with a home-made one. It
produces dull names formed by letters (not neccessarily filenames),
which are unique UP TO a second of difference... I would have to modify
it, as if one needed to produce several TEMP files at once, it would be
a problem:

FUNCTION GetTempName: string;
type
      a4 = array[1..4] of byte;
var
    dw,s100: word;
    td   : datetime;
    pack : longint;
    name : string;
    i    : byte;
begin
      getdate (td.year,td.month,td.day,dw);
      gettime (td.hour,td.min,td.sec,s100);
      packtime (td, pack);
      name := '';
      for i:=1 to 8 do
         if (i mod 8)=1
             then name := name + chr (ord('A')+ (a4(pack)[((i-1) div 2)
+1] and 15))
             else name := name + chr (ord('A')+ (a4(pack)[((i-1) div 2)
      GetTempName := name
end;

WAIT, WAIT!! it compiles and seems to work??? ONE QUESTION: if you look
carefully, you'll see that a C operator has slipped in (sorry): >>
Does it mean that this operator is accepted in FPK as well? Anyway, I
will change it to SHR...

Aitor