[fpc-pascal]Wrong Signature

mpdj at btinternet.com mpdj at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 24 23:32:31 CET 2001

Hi Guys,

I'm got a new error message and I don't understand what it means. I've just updated from V1.04 to V1.1 because I would like to use the Dynamic Array feature. It compiled fine before and the program executed correctly.

Since updating to the latest snapshots, I now get the following error before the program even does anything. Even GDB reports just the WIN32 API DLLs being loaded then the error below.

Marked memory at 0x0044F3EC invalid
Wrong signature $18F30D8A instead of 73CCAD16
  0x0040ED85
  0x0041889C
  0x0041379B
  0x004137DC
  0x00409522
  0x00409A41
  0x00409C99
  0x00418133
  0x0041CEF6

Program exited with code 01.

I know snapshots are not supported, but I would like to know what this error means so I can try to correct it, hopefully !

Many Thanks in advance.

Andy