[fpc-pascal]mysql on windows

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Wed May 30 23:02:05 CEST 2001

Hi Michael and list!

I am a teacher in the process of making the computer science department of a brazilian university and a college switch fo free pascal. So far, everybody is liking it!

I have the Windows version of MySQL installed but cannot link the testdb.pp example suplied with fpc-1.0.4 for Windows. I tells it cannot find -lmysqlclient...

My ppc396.cfg is points to the lib directory of my Mysql installation. Using the debuging options from ppc386 and ldw I could find it is looking for libmysqlclient.a and not mysqlclient.lib as suplied with mysql. I tried creating a copy using the name expected by the linker, and now it complains it cannot find -lm. :-(

Should I get a libm.a file somewhere (from a cygwin32 distro)? Or am I going the wrong direction?

Any help will be apreciated. It will be great to fave a FPC app using mysql and gtk+ running on both Windows and Linux. :-)

[]s, Fernando Lozano