[fpc-pascal]w2000 file opening - was dos approx delay fn that releases cpu

James_Wilson at i2.com James_Wilson at i2.com
Wed May 9 20:30:38 CEST 2001

> I was told to use filemode=0... but it didn't make any difference!
> What are exactly are useful values for filemode & what does each
> do? NB Not in documentation? eg as part of reset info?

filemode:=0 is okay for DOS programs, but not necessarily so for Win32
programs. I had a similar problem before and filemode:=$40 seemed to cure a
lot of the "access denied" errors I was getting with a filefind utility I
wrote. Perhaps that's the only problem with your program as well.

I wish I could be more help about the rest of the filemode settings for
Win32, but unfortunately I don't recall where I got that info from. Sorry.

Jim