[fpc-pascal](Fwd) poll

Noah silva nsilva at sparcy.atariuniverse.com
Thu Mar 1 05:22:28 CET 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Brad Campbell wrote:

> Noah silva wrote:
> >
> > pascal works on a lot more platforms than even Free Pascal.  Obviously it
> > is pretty bad if it still can't gain support.  I myself would like to use
> > it because I use Linux on Sparc, and there is no Free Pascal yet for
> > Sparc, so I have really tried to get GPC to be usefull, I am not just
>
> I have a shell account on a linux sparc box..
> How hard would it be for someone reasonably proficient in pascal, very
> proficient in assembler and never done anything on a sparc to port the
> compiler ?

I suppose it depends on if that person knew/could learn RISC assembler.
(i.e. MIPS is similar to SPARC, while intel or some others are fairly
different).
Anyhow, I would be willing to loan out accounts on a linux/sparc machine,
and maybe even set up another linux/sparc machine for the purpose of
helping development.

thanks,
   noah silva