[fpc-pascal]Another Intel ASM problem

Kanzelsberger Pavel kanzelsberger at rekt.umb.sk
Wed Jun 27 12:31:36 CEST 2001

Yes I know that directives are used to change configuration, for example by
setting {$BALIGN 8} compiler should add ".balign 8" in before every
procedure code...

I never used this in TASM or in Delphi, I just found it in FPC sources
inside AT&T assembler and found that 8 byte aligned code really speeds-up
the execution so I want to use it in my libraries...

Another idea is to add new optimization switch which adds this to every
procedure and main code...

But hey, it's you who will decide to put it and which way :-))) This is just
my idea about this, because it's much easier to use it as FPC feature
instead of rewriting 80000 lines of code to AT&T assembler :)

best regards, Pavel Kanzelsberger