[fpc-pascal]More BeOS fun..

Full_Name memsom at post.interalpha.co.uk
Tue Jun 19 11:46:12 CEST 2001

Quoting Florian Klaempfl <florian at klaempfl.de>:

> Use place
> {$linklib 'testlib'}
> in your pascal source.

At the moment I still have to use gcc because I don't know how to link the
console to the finished executable any other way :(

Mind you, I havent tried {$i whatever.o} yet, so that might work ;)

> Hmmm, I don't know if we'll get this work :( Linking to C++ libs is
> quite complicated and would require a lot of compiler changes.

Looks like what I'm doing will be worthwhile then ;)

I need more information about how shared objects work. Does anybody know a good
resource for Linux? (as BeOS is thin on the ground.) I can get C exports, but
not using classes within the '.so'. I know it's possible - I'm going to take a
look at the way allegro does it, but does anyone have any pointers.

(btw this is turning out to be an excellent way to brush up on my C/C++)

Matt