[fpc-pascal]Where can I learn more about Objects? (How to make a list of objects)

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at yline.com
Sun Jun 10 21:29:02 CEST 2001

Subject: [fpc-pascal]Where can I learn more about Objects? (How to make a
list of objects)

> Hi!
>
> I programmed some years ago with Delphi, so I now, what's possible with
> Pascal and objects, but I don't really know _how_ I can do it ... ;-)

Freepascal provides some non - GUI classes in the so called FCL (Free
Component Library). TList or its' descendants might prove good candidates
for your task.

> Are there any sample programs that can teach me this? Is there any
> documentation I can use? What about Delphi-books?
>
> I think it's a good concept, I only need a hint for the coding ...

There might be some FCL documentation already in the documentation sources.
Else use the FCL sources for further reference. Since you already did some
programming with Delphis VCL there should be no problems; the method naming
is quite straightforward (e.g. identical to Delphi VCL) too. Feel free to
ask here if you're stuck.

> Thanks!
>
> Michael
>
> (*) PS: I guess it's a bug. Do I have to write a bugreport or do the
> developers are reading here in the mailinglist?

Yes they are. I think it would be fine if you put the corrected program
somewhere on a FTP/Web and send a message including a problem description
(what you fixed) and a link to the file to one of the developers (see
http://www.freepascal.org/ , developers) or to FPC - Devel or here.

Regards,
    Thomas