[fpc-pascal]How to get read-timeouts when reading sockets?

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Fri Jun 8 08:32:17 CEST 2001

Hi!

Yesterday evening I tried to build a little telnet-program, just to
test the IP-socket-implementation.

I took the finger-sourcecode, but I got the problem, that I couldn't
determine if there were any data left to read. The eof seems to occur
only when the socket is closed?

Additionally it seems important to me that there is a timeout when
waiting for data just because otherwise a non-standard answer could
block this program.

Tschau!

Michael
--
"Macht's gut und danke für den Fisch"
Sig geändert zum Gedenken an Douglas Adams (1952 - 11.05.2001)