[fpc-pascal]RTL thread safety

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Jun 7 15:04:06 CEST 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Matti Hamalainen wrote:

> What parts of the RTL are NOT thread safe and why?

Heap management and standard IO (read/write).
Why ? because they use and modify global variables/structures.

heap management is not yet possible to solve, standard IO can
be solved by using the sysutils functions FileRead/FileWrite etc.

> I.e. what should I avoid if I want to create
> a threaded program with FPC?
>
> Well, this may be a too big on to answer,
> but shoot me ;-)

It is not too big, but the answer is not simple either.

Michael.