[fpc-pascal]Win XP

Matti Hamalainen mhamalai at ratol.fi
Tue Jul 31 13:14:49 CEST 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Lee, John wrote:

> So does that mean no dos compatibility then... dos compatibility for w2k is
> sqrt(0)...ie even less than that for nt4, or to use technical term sqrt(fa).

DOS is obsolete, although not dead. (Please, no flamewars thank you :)

I still use it occasionally, but it really isn't that good for any
new programs. Lately I have only started DOS to compile and test
some multiplatform stuff (like J Sound System) or to play some
old games. (I have only pure DOS 6.22 and Linux & FreeBSD)

So, does it really matter if DOS is not supported in new WindowsXYZ?
You can still create console-only programs if you wish (yes, I know
that Windows's console is buggy, or at least it was in NT4)...

=- ccr/TNSP^pWp
] mhamalai at ratol.fi | http://www.tnsp.org/
] Show me your "realtime raytracer in Java"
] and I'll show you my CBM 8032, 2 MHz!