[fpc-pascal]SSockets + NT + CRT

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at yline.com
Mon Jul 9 21:27:18 CEST 2001

Hi,

    I was searching for some useful socket related source and found the
ssockets unit in the fcl. My question about it is whether it is available /
has been tested for the windows platform too.

Is there any unit common for all platforms supporting sockets to resolve
host names for inet - type sockets ? These calls seem to be missing in the
sockets units ? Which units do I have to use for which platforms to
accomplish that ?

FPC programs still behave somewhat weird in a NT command shell when
the crt unit is used. Text output always seems to start at line 0 of the
virtual screen regardless of where the actual cursor was at program start
and always seems to use a fixed screen buffer area (80x50 ??) regardless of
actual window dimensions....
Are there any plans to fix this in the future ?
I thought I made some crt patches available which fixed all previous
problems, what's their current state ?

I hope somebody can help,
  Thomas