[fpc-pascal]Linker error

jayjay23 at gmx.net jayjay23 at gmx.net
Mon Jan 29 22:07:28 CET 2001

Hello everybody,

my problem is I can't compile a program that uses(I think this is the root
of the cause) the graph-unit. When I try to compile it I get the following
message: "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvga". This is caused by the following
section in the link.res-file:

INPUT(
-lvga
-lc
)

which is used by the ppas.sh script in the following line:
/usr/bin/ld -dynamic-linker=/lib/ld-linux.so.2 -s -L. -o progname link.res

In the man-page for ld it says that the -l option is for adding an
archive-file(some kind of library?). I've searched for files with "vga" in it's name,
but found nothing. So how can I solve this problem? Do I have to install that
particular file with a certain package?
I'm not an that list so you can reach me over my email-address:
jayjay23 at gmx.net.

Thanks for help.

cu

jj