[fpc-pascal]DBase data files support.

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Fri Jan 19 09:15:19 CET 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Mirek Novak wrote:

> Michael.VanCanneyt at wisa.be pí¹e:
>
> [...]
>

> > We're getting waaayyy to little feedback on the FCL and DB
> > components. This means
> > 1) They're faultless :-) or
> > 2) They're not being used :/
> >
> > Michael.
>
> Hi,
> <SURPRISED>
>    Michael, I've sent you MySQL units for 3.22  version at least *9*
> months ago, I'm using them and they works for me fine, they _ARE_
> working under win32! So, why  are you still distributing old version
> MySQL client libraries (3.21,  I think,  - they become unsuported by
> TCX, and there is no way to get a working client dll for win32 - but
> this all I've written (and sent together with source) to you twice :o))

There is a new version out for some time now which works with 3.22 and
maybe higher. That I didn't use your version is because - at that time-
it was easier for me to change my version than to verify someone elses
version.

> ).
> </SURPRISED>
>
> <SMILING>
> So I think that, at least for MySQL/win32 package, it is not case 1) as
> you 've written.

I was talking about the *FCL*.
About the packages I get regular feedback (e.g. from you :) ), t
his is definitely so, and I didn't say anything about that :)

> </SMILING>
>
> <SERIOUS>
> The only problem in those libs is that you are using linux style call
> cdecl  - under win it *must* be stdcall... - can be solved using macro
> like
>   <CODE>
>      {$MACRO ON}
>      {$IFDEF win32}
>          {$DEFINE __call := stdcall}
>       {$ELSE}
>          {$DEFINE __call := cdecl}
>       {$ENDIF}

Changing cdecl to stdcall will also do it, since I think 'stdcall' equals
'cdecl' on Linux systems. I need to check that.

Anyway, about the calling convention: Is this so ?
I have not tested much on Win32 (Linux mainly), but the tests I did seemed
to work. I'll (again) have a look at this, certainly.

Michael.