[fpc-pascal]Re: chdir problem? -- 2nd request

Fri Jan 12 14:26:03 CET 2001

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Jeff Patterson wrote:

> There is a program that claims that it can change the current directory
> under DOS/Unix/Win32 Console (Win9x/NT/2000), Win32 ZShell, Win32 Cygwin,
> and more.   http://www.xs4all.nl/~waterlan/
>
> C Source appears to be available, but I have not looked at this program at
> all yet.

It works only with a trick.
On Dos, the program creates a batch file which is then executed by the calling
batchfile,

In bash or any unix shell, it is done using a script function;

the reason this is so is exactly because there is _no way_ to set the
working directory of another process programatically.

So this is no good.

Michael.