[fpc-pascal]Re: chdir problem? -- 2nd request

Gabor DEAK JAHN djg at argus.vki.bke.hu
Thu Jan 11 23:42:21 CET 2001

At 01/10/2001 06:30, you wrote:

Dear Jim,

> anyfile.name and have it find the file, CD into the directory where the
> file is and then exit (leaving you at the DOS prompt, but in the directory
> of the file you were searching for). The go32 targets work just fine, but
> the Win32 targets leave you in the directory that the program was launched
> from and not the directory where the file was found.

And it will probably remain so, there is no way to change the current
directory of another program without it consenting (CMD.EXE could have been
made to accept, for instance, DDE messages asking it to change the
directory). The closest what I could think of is to put the found directory
name, prefixed with the command CD, to the clipboard and instruct the user
in the last line of the program's output that in order to change to that
directory they could select Paste from the system menu, then press Enter.
Far from perfect, I agree, but...

Bye,
   Gábor

Gabor DEAK JAHN -- Budapest, Hungary.