[fpc-pascal]Java vs. Freepascal & Server

Roderick van Domburg gog at gamepoint.net
Thu Jan 11 16:18:08 CET 2001

Under Linux, the whole issue isn't that big of a deal really IMO. You can
go for the select(), the poll() or alternatively the fork() or clone().
The only problem is that I try to keep my code portable to Win32
platforms, and I don't think that is possible unless I use threads.

As much as I would love to, I am not good enough of a programmer to
support the development of the compiler to help the implementation of the
multi-threading. :-\

Coming down to stability, how 'well' is the 1.1 development branch suited
for use?