[fpc-pascal]M$ Access

Kuba Ober winnie at hoth.amu.edu.pl
Fri Jan 5 17:20:41 CET 2001

> Is there a chance to read and write to Microsoft Access from DOS within
> Pascal?
> I´ll be verry thankfull for informations and/or examples.

Sure there is as long as you have access to the file. Try digging up file
formats somewhere. MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library) would be the
first choice, and then some hacking sites maybe... The data in an Access file
is wrapped at least once. I don't know whether Access files are OLE Compound
files, but that might also be the case, so then it would be double-wrapping.

It seems that OpenOffice sources have all the M$ Office files fully
documented (as code, at least) - see http://www.opensource.org.

Kuba