[fpc-pascal]Another Windows API Questions

Lee, John LeeJ at logica.com
Mon Dec 10 13:04:05 CET 2001

It's the dreaded clock patch for crt, which shows up on PCs faster that 200
Mhz (ie all recent ones)...It'd be better if it was converted to fpc...Guess
the difficult bit might be the assembler...Do you have the source/is it
public? J

o: fpc-pascal at deadlock.et.tudelft.nl
Subject: [fpc-pascal]Another Windows API Questions

Hello fpc-pascal,

The thread on Win API prompts me to ask this question, which is only
slightly off-topic.

I have been using a program, written a number of years ago, by someone
in Ireland.  It was written in Turbo Pascal and 8086 assembler, and
does indefinite length arithmetic.  It was a DOS program that runs OK
on Windows 95 and 98.

But on Windows NT 4, I get a division by zero error when the program
starts.  I asked the author about it.  He replied that there is a
patch available that will eliminate the source of the error, but that
he has forgotten what it is.  He also indicated that he has no interest
in rewriting the program.

Do any of you know what the "patch" is?

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.