[fpc-pascal]Odd behavior with Crt unit..

Andreas K. Foerster Andreas at AKFoerster.de
Fri Dec 7 12:38:26 CET 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 10:46:04AM -0800, Gene Buckle wrote:

> > Use nCRT instead of CRT.
> > nCRT uses ncurses and so it uses the terminfo database.
> > Disadvantage: the program will be dynamically linked to ncurses and
> > libc6.
> >

> nCrt causes me even worse problems - it doubles every character echoed
> when using my input routines.

Is the TERM environment variable set correctly?

> It was pointed out today that I might want to try "tset ansi" and I'll be
> damned if that didn't solve the problem entirely.

No, tset doesn't set the TERM variable.
If you set that, you don't need tset anymore.

My TermInfo database has also the entry "ms-vt100". That gives the best
results for the telnet of Windows.

BTW. if you search for a better terminal/telnet/ssh, try the
program teraterm.

> I still think there is
> a bug in the CRT unit somewhere (in GetXY?) but this is a good enough fix
> for me.

I already mentioned this problem before, but nobody cared. :-(

--
Tschuess
	Andreas