[fpc-pascal]fpc pascal still alive?

Fernando Lozano fsl at centroin.com.br
Sun Dec 2 17:24:15 CET 2001

Hi Florian,

> >Why don't you issue a "release candidate" and, if noone reports any
> >serious bug in a week or two, re-release it as 1.0.6?
>
> Yes and no. Most work take things like updating the error
> message files for all languages, update the installer etc...
>
> Further, my internet connection isn't that fast (ISDN, one line)
> so the upload of a release takes also some time.

ISDN and ADSL are still very expensive (and unavaliable) to many people
like me. That's one reason I want new releases: download once and copy
to my students.

> >Let we "bullet-proof" the release, that how free software is suposed to
> >work. :-)
>
> No, free (and open) software means that you use CVS to get always the
> most uptodate sources (and files) :)

It also means the user community really influences the development of
the software. Thanks a lot for sharing your concerns with us.

[]s, Fernando Lozano