[fpc-pascal]WoW

Keith Bowes keith_bowes at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 13:11:04 CEST 2001

Matt, I really don't understand why FPC lessening the strictness of Delphi's
implementation of OOP is hurting anything.  I mean, you can still declare
fields before methods if you want, but it's not necessary.  Maybe it would
be a good idea to force this strictness in {$MODE DELPHI}, but I think it
would be a bad idea to also force it in {$MODE OBJFPC}.

Also, I don't see the big problem with multiple inheritence and abstract
classes.

On a side note, GPC is supposedly going to implement OOP (the variety
described in the working draft) and treat .pp files as Pascal sources.  But
I've never tried GPC, primarily because it sounds like it would be hard to
get set up but also because I feel it's hypocrisy to make a Pascal compiler
with C.