[fpc-pascal]QT (Was Re: PalmOS)

Matt Emson memsom at interalpha.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 14:38:04 CEST 2001

> The 1.1 compiler can already compile the Qt.pas unit from FreeCLX with
only
> a very small patch to Libc.pas to include two type declaration that are
not
> in our system unit.

Have you tried this with the windows version of QT.PAS? I Have Delphi 6, and
I'd be interested to get FPC compiling simple QT Apps... This is only one
step away from getting the CLX to compile (highly patched of course, with
all the incompatible stuff removed.)

Have Borland made the QT Wrapper open source yet? I'd love to see this
recompiled on other platforms with QT, so that we could use FPC on them to
create simple GUI's ;-)

> So if ppl want to experiment with Qt it is already possible. I didn't try
> it yet so i don't know yet how a sample program compiles and links.

Is there a binary distro of 1.1? To be honest I havent booted into Linux
(except to set up a server so I could use DHCP on my network) for *ages*. I
much prefer BeOS (*sob*)

Matt