[fpc-pascal]TRY EXCEPT Bug

Jonas Maebe jonas at zeus.rug.ac.be
Sat Sep 30 21:55:59 CEST 2000

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Dirk Verwiebe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i found out that the try except stuff doesn´t work if the unit crt is
> compiled in the program where try.. except is used.
> Is it a bug ???

I don't know. The problem is that the crt unit now uses the dpmiexcp unit
(to be able to have ctrl-c as input instead of having it abort the
program).

The dpmiexcp installs default signal handlers for most signals, so they
are then caught by the dpmiexcp unit instead of by the system unit. Since
the sysutils unit simply converts runtime errors (which also can be
exceptions caught by the system unit and then converted into a runtime
error) into exceptions, it won't work anymore.

We can solve this by not hooking any exceptions anymore by default in the
dpmiexcp unit, but I don't know if that's a good solution.

Jonas