[fpc-pascal][FPC; VP; Delphi] Software News

Thomas Schatzl tom_at_work at yline.com
Sun Sep 10 14:57:36 CEST 2000

Hello all,

    there have been a bunch of updates of my source code on my site.

This is an announcement for:

CPU package
--------------

The CPU package is a free powerful cpu detection / timing unit featuring
microsecond resolution.

News for rel2rev11:
* Full compatibility for the following pascal compilers/target platform:
- Delphi 3+: Windows (Delphi 2 with slight changes; due to D2 compiler
problems)
- Free Pascal: Linux, OS/2, GO32, Windows32
- Virtual Pascal: DPMI32, Windows32, OS/2.
* lots of documentation additions
* multiprocessor aware on FPC/Win32 platform
* accuracy improvement on FPC/Win32 platform

Planned:
* Full multiprocessor awareness for all compiler / platform targets
* Virtual Pascal / Linux port

Be sure to check out docupd.txt for latest news in the main directory as
well as the documentation itself.

DIRECTX header translation
-----------------------------

Latest DirectX header translations for the Free Pascal compiler. It is based
on the DirectX 7.0a header translation from Erik Unger from 30. July 2000.

News for rel0rev9:
* Includes all DirectX parts except DirectMusic due to FPC limitations
(Direct3D, Direct3DRM, DirectDraw, DirectInput, DirectPlay, DirectSetup,
DirectSound)
* Seven DirectDraw sample programs
* A readme which contains instructions how to port existing C/C++ code.

Planned:
* Some more examples for all DirectX parts - I'd gladly appreciate any help
here; I'll set up a dedicated 'DirectX Corner' on my site if there's enough
feedback.

Please read the readme file.

DPMI package
----------------

This is a Free Pascal API to the GO32 DPMI functions.

News for rel1rev11:
* slight documentation changes
* all example programs work with 'pure' DOS again ;)
* 'near pointer' mapping is now more Win 2000 friendly
* new directory structure, makefile support
* some docs about go32 portability
* needs recent CPU package
* all examples work without direct mode assembly, no 'hacks' anymore

Readme file / short installation guide

MEMORY package
---------------------

MEMORY is a general purpose memory copying / memory effects encorporating
MMX / SSE library for the Free Pascal compiler.

News:
* fast masked memory transfers with key value, bit mask and byte mask
* 'scaled' memory transfers
* mirrored memory transfers

everything for use with 15/16/32 bits per pixel styled graphics memory.

Get all that stuff at my homepage at
   http://members.yline.com/~tom_at_work/index.html

I added some links to probably interesting sites too.

If you're using Netscape Navigator consider disabling CSS.

In hope it works for you as well as it does for me,
    Thomas