[fpc-pascal]How to start FPC?

Gabor DEAK JAHN djg at argus.vki.bke.hu
Fri Sep 8 19:54:27 CEST 2000

At 09/07/2000 06:45, you wrote:

Dear Cassie,

> Ok, I just downloaded  FreePascal and installed it and everything. Now
how do

> I get it to run? I know a bit about computers, but I don't understand
this at

> all. Please help!!!!! There is no .exe I can run, no icon, nothing that I
can

You might have missed to download some packages. You didn't mention which
operating system you had tried it on but on Windows or similar, you do have
a handful of EXEs to run (bin\win32\ppc386.exe is the compiler itself but
the additional programs will also be required, depending on the task at hand).

In addition, there is a USER.PDF in the documentation which gives you a
rather detailed description of how to install it and how to make the first
test

run with the usual "Hello, world!" sample program.

Bye,
   Gábor

Gabor DEAK JAHN -- Budapest, Hungary.
E-mail: djg at tramontana.co.hu, djg at argus.vki.bke.hu