[fpc-pascal]Kylix and M68k Port

James_Wilson at i2.com James_Wilson at i2.com
Wed Nov 29 16:38:24 CET 2000

> No offence, but I think it will strengthen the pascal platform
> as a whole, and draw more users to all Pascal projects. Free,
> Open Source or proprietary.

I don't use Linux, and until this morning I've never even heard of Kylix,
but I don't personally think FPC is in much trouble. I applaud the efforts
of all involved, and find myself at times marveling at the final product.
To have created such an elaborate and indepth project like FPC must have
been (and I'm sure continues to be) a staggering effort. And they give it
away. For free. With source. To me, that's motive enough to support it, if
for no other reason then to show my appreciation for all that effort.

But even though it's free I still wouldn't have wasted my time learning FPC
if it sucked. And as we all know it doesn't.

So, to the entire FPC team; thanks guys...

Jim