[fpc-pascal]Bigger problem than external variables in FPC

md md at realmwireless.com
Thu Nov 23 02:44:24 CET 2000

The brain teaser related to the use of external variables stems from the
fact
that certain compilation modes require the use of {$MODE FPC} while
other modes require {$DELPHI}

This is what is causing some variables declared as external to spit the
compiler error.

Is it possible to use the ($MODE FPC} compiler switch to change the
compilation mode on the fly?

Thanks,

Mark Diener

The solution is the -Sd compiler switch does not allow for the external
variables to compile correctly.

I will just turn it off and then back on for a short bit