[fpc-pascal]OT: Linux SMP question

md md at realmwireless.com
Thu Nov 9 22:52:55 CET 2000

Thomas,

You want to look at sched.c in the linux kernel sources.

You will have to recompile the kernel to provide this functionality.

The scheduler as written does not have CPU specific primitives, it is a
nice general purpose scheduler
with some NICE specific additions.

The language you will use is gnu C for this.

To use this kernel modification with FPC, you will have to provide a
system call so that you can set the value
of the CPU and process id for the scheduler. You may want to provide a
system call to retrieve number of CPU's, but
this is probably available from somewher already, like /proc/.

Hope this helps you size up the task.

I may be working on scheduler modification in the new year if you can
wait that long.  I would then share
my efforts with you.

Mark Diener