[fpc-pascal]ssockets

md md at realmwireless.com
Mon Nov 6 16:38:51 CET 2000

I would take Michael Van Canneyt's advice seriously in principle.

But in reality, the only input I can give is that Windows NT4.0 socket
performance sucks.  And is unstable.  Winsock 2 at
least gives you some increase over standard sockets.

I say unstable because Microsoft probably knows some trick on getting it
to work well, but they have not documented it.

So I say that you create your own interface that wraps the specifics of
Win32 as much as possible. That way portability
is somewhat achieved.

Portable code is important, Win32 requires much tweaking and trial and
much error before
it works.  May I suggest Linux as a more capable platform?

Mark Diener