[fpc-pascal]FPC Listening with Sockets unit

Sir_Ty sir_ty at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 17 20:28:29 CET 2000

On a Windows 95 box, FPC 1.02, etc.  I'd like to set up a small server
from my box to accept TCP/IP traffic to a specific port, number 3001.
How do I set the port number to listen to in the address part of the
bind command?

It's written in the specs like this:

18.2.5 Bind
Declaration
    Function Bind (Sock:Longint;Var Addr;AddrLen:Longint) : Boolean;
Description
    Bind binds the socket Sock to address Addr. Addr has length Addrlen.
The
function returns True
    if the call was succesful, False if not.

My best guess would be:

.
Const MyPort = 3001;
.
.
.
Bind(MySocket,MyPort,sizeOf(MyPort));
.
.
.

Of course, Addr could be type of TInetSockAddr like in other examples.
Then I could set it like this:

Var MyAddr : TInetSockAddr;
.
.
.
Addr.family:=AF_INET;
{ port 3001 in network order }
Addr.port:=((11 shl 8) or 185);
{ localhost : 127.0.0.1 in network order }
Addr.addr:=((1 shl 24) or 127);
.
.
.