[fpc-pascal]How does TObject.MethodAddress work (fpc1.0.2)?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Dec 11 15:12:27 CET 2000

Hi,

I can't get any useful results from TObject.MethodAddress and
TObject.MethodName.
I did it the same way as seen many times in the fcl. For example:
MethodVaue:=GetMethodProp(Instance, PropInfo);
Result:=FLookupRoot.MethodName(MethodValue.Code);
MethodValue.Code is set if I set the property else not set. So,
GetMethodProp seems to work. I tested TWriter and it gots the same results - all
methods in  properties are unknown.
I copied the code of TObject.MethodAddress and got the whole class
hierachy, but all Methodtables were nil.

What am I doing wrong?

thx in advance,
Mattias