[Fwd: Re: [fpc-pascal]Need help on LinkLib]

Andre Wohnig a.wohnig at thiesen.com
Fri Dec 8 13:33:11 CET 2000

> > Hi all!
> >
> > I want to Link a library to my program. I tried "{LinkLib gpiblib.a}".
> > In this library it exists a function "int ibfind(char *name)".  Therefor
> > i insert the following line into my interface section in my unit:
> > "Function ibfind(name : PChar) : LongInt; cdecl; external".
> > I tried to use it with "nr := ibfind(device);" where nr is a LongInt
> an> d
> > device is PChar. When i try to run the program i get the following
> > error: "Error: undefined reference to `ibfind' "
> >
> > What i am doing wrong? Could somebody help me?
>
> It is {$Linklib gpiblib.a}. (Maybe it's only a typo in the email)

No it was not just a typo. I forgott the "$". But if i add this, i get the
following error (error over error but i don´  t give up):
"sh:/root/arbeit/gpib2/test: No such file or directory" -> contents of stderr

from test.
What could this be?

In addition i added a {$LinkLIb c} but i saw no changes (perhaps of the
error?).

Thanx for all the help till now.

Andre´

--
Thiesen                           | André Wohnig
hardware- & software- design GmbH | a.wohnig at thiesen.com
Im Tiegel 9                       | www.thiesen.com
36367 Wartenberg                  | tel. +49 (0) 6641 979-142  fax -299