[fpc-other] Original Version of Photoshop Was Written in Pascal; Source Released

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.fpc-other at telemetry.co.uk
Thu May 24 22:13:26 CEST 2018

On 24/05/18 17:30, Santiago A. wrote:
> The 1990 version of Photoshop was written in Pascal.
> http://www.computerhistory.org/atchm/adobe-photoshop-source-code/
> I've read that first Apple OS was in pascal.  Also that first Autocad
> version was written also in Pascal, but it need to exchange floppy disks
> too many times for compiling.
> It looks like Pascal had a bright beginning. What happened to you, my
> beloved Pascal? Sniff =-)

53. Why did Autodesk decide to write AutoCAD in   C rather than   Pascal?

Because when Greg Lutz   went to see a demo of IBM Pascal at     the
computer store, he discovered that it took 5 disc swaps or so to compile
each file. Computer Innovations C let you run with the compiler in the A
drive and your source in the B drive without playing disc jockey.

https://www.fourmilab.ch/autofile/www/chapter2_112.html

Note who owns that website.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd