[fpc-other] Lazarus accessing dns on startup

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 16:09:19 CET 2018

Op zo 9 dec. 2018 om 13:47 schreef Jonas Maebe <jonas at freepascal.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Why does Lazarus 2.0.0RC try to contact a DNS server on startup? And is
> there a way to disable this? Ideally, there would be a pop-up the first
> time it wants to do this asking whether it's okay and if not, store that
> as a preference and not do it anymore in the future.

I think it is caused by the OPM (online package manager). WIth Lazarus
2.0.0RC3 Lazarus will honour the setting Never and Lazarus will not try to
connect to packages.lazarus-ide.org to download a list of available
packages.
The behaviour  is configurable in Lazarus. Please open OPM(/Lazarus ->
Menu-->Packages-->Online Package Manager/), then go to /Options-->Check
> for Package Updates/ and select /Never/

Vincent