[fpc-other] How do you keep up with FPC discussions?

noreply at z505.com noreply at z505.com
Sat May 27 03:28:33 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-25 06:10, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> On 25/05/17 10:20, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2017-05-25 09:02, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:> even if most of the
>> time
>> he> pushes it far harder than many of us enjoy.
>> I’m afraid it’s an occupational habit. My job as a technical
>> consultant
>> and developer often requires me to come up with more efficient ways of
>> doing things. Yes, inefficient ways and code really grind on me. I’ll
>> try my best not to push this any further here.
>
> I /am/ trying to be neutral on this, but I think it has pretty much
> been done to death here: particularly since Florian has given his
> ruling.

Well if we want to come up with  an efficient way of doing things, it's
possible that Git and SVN are both not the answer to development model.
The answer may be to start up a campus, similar to microsoft campus,
with multiple buildings and developers that can literally knock on each
others door when needing assistance :-)

i.e. freepascal becomes a campus... with social eating events in the
campus at lunch.

But that would require funding and relocating of all developers, and,
even in a campus you'd probably still use svn/git anyway :-)